Safety is our top priority at Woodgrain. We value our biggest asset – our employees. The manufacturing industry is dangerous, so we go above and beyond taking precautions that protect our staff. Safety stands before anything else we do; it’s so important that our company motto is SAFETY ABOVE ALL.
Steps Woodgrain Takes Towards Safety
- The final 15 minutes of every shift is set aside for clean up
- Equipment is cleaned during each shift change
- Regular safety meetings provide training
- First aid kits are clearly marked at each operating station
- Clearly marked yellow lines and footprints give pedestrians a forklift-free place to walk both around the site and within buildings
- Forklifts have blue lights to increase visibility and honk when coming to each intersection
- Forklift drivers and pedestrians are taught that the other has the right-of-way
- Safety glasses are required at all of our factories or mill locations
- Ear protection is required near any of our heavy equipment
- Lockout, tag out – (LOTO) or lock and tag is a safety procedure to ensure that dangerous machines are properly shut off and not able to be started up again prior to the completion of maintenance or repair work.
Safety above quality… above productivity… and above everything. We know we have room to grow in this area, and we are looking forward to making safety our highest priority in the coming year. Please join me in helping us put safety above all.
-Kelly Dame, CEO, Safety Above All