Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood moulding, prefinished moulding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
Safety Coordinator will work to elevate safety at Woodgrain Millwork and work with managers and group leads to emphasize the necessity of effectively communicated SOPs, ensure effective training for employees, maintain any safety records and follow up with new hires regularly to ensure they are being supported by management to succeed in their jobs. The Safety Coordinator will lead the Safety Committee, lead accident investigations, coordinate safety training and be the go-to person for safety clarification. Individual will also support operations projects as needed that relate to employee safety and productivity. (Goal is to not be “safety police” but to be safety guidance and encouragement/constant presence with always the goal of leading folks to safety in a leadership manner as coach).
- Lead by example with regards to safety and training in the workplace
- Key employee to enforce continuous improvement for Safety
- Manage compliance to safety policies established by the company.
- Suggest necessary or relevant safety policies for approval; with an understanding of industrial guidelines needed for OSHA compliance.
- Be pro-active with safety and training needs within the facilities.
- Work directly with production manager to insure 5S audits are completed in departments and that proper improvements are determined and follow action is taken.
- Complete safety audits within the designated time frames.
- Approve new equipment for safety and confirm labeling and markings are good before equipment is used on shop floor. Further ensuring that suitable training has been provided for associates to run such equipment.
- Be the lead for the safety committee and follow through on issues presented to the committee
- Coordinate the success of the training initiative; utilizing SOPs and on the job training to ensure effectiveness
- Coordinate and participate in safety training for employees
- Participate in department start up meetings with a “presence for safety”
- Coordinate and participate in providing feedback to managers on non-compliance related to training activities and steps to be taken to correct compliance .
- Coordinate and complete safety updates as needed – ex. Safety Boards, SDS sheets, LOTO boards, etc.
- Evaluate any safety incidents and use corrective action as needed
- Evaluate job positions and eliminate hazards (Job Safety Analysis)
- Work with all employees to improve processes and eliminate waste
- Evaluate daily issues, analyze information, and report any necessary findings
- Update and develop any spreadsheets and/or communications needed
- Assist with any other needs relating to the process control, training program and safety of the company.
- Become a “trainer” with regards to in-house training, certifications, and licenses
Key Job Accountabilities:
|● Self-starter, energetic, and compassionate about Safety
● Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills presenting a positive representation of the company
● Ability to work with all departments and employees, managers, supervisors, coordinators and vendors.
● Ability to drive and lead change
|● Attention to detail and knowledge of Woodgrain Millwork processes|
|● Understand written or verbal instructions with the capability of accepting responsibility for interpretation and/or problem solving.
● Good analytical skills
|● Provide input and advise others as necessary to determine needs and/or problems and then develop solutions
● Able to follow direction and stay on task
● Able to prioritize and complete projects by deadline
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk/ hear.
- Regular bending, stooping, stretching, twisting, and turning.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, air borne dust/debris, heavy equipment traffic, slip/trip hazards.
- Noise level requires hearing protection in all plant areas.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (hot, cold, etc.)
High School Education or GED required.
If interesting in applying for this please, please send your resume to email@example.com.