Woodgrain is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 65 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Our strategy of vertical integration allows our company to bring high-quality products to market competitively. Woodgrain’s diverse product offering includes wood moulding, decorative trim, wood door shop parts and products, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain recycles every product possible and strives to operate in an environmentally conscious manner. We are proud to be one of the largest and successful millwork operations in the world, with locations throughout the United States.
Become a Field Service Representative in the exciting home improvement and building materials world with Woodgrain, an industry leader and employer of choice!
Why Work at Woodgrain?
- MAKE IT A CAREER: Woodgrain provides comprehensive training and opportunities for advancement. We want you to grow with us!
- FULL-TIME HOURS: Primarily M-F days with consistent hours. Overtime may be occasionally required based on territory demands.
- PAY: Weekly pay will vary dependent on stores/routes serviced.
- BENEFITS: We’ve got great benefits! Full time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, AND a quarterly incentive! See your hard work pay off!
- TRAVEL: This isn’t a boring desk job! This is a remote position, where you will travel to different stores daily.
- FUN INDUSTRY AND ENVIRONMENT: Be a part of the exciting, booming home improvement industry! You will be working in a clean, safe, and indoor environment.
- EMPLOYEE REFFERAL BONUS PROGRAM: You can earn up to $750 per person you refer!
Learning and performing in-store service, managing inventory replenishment (ordering and stocking), generating weekly credits, and providing exceptional customer service within a defined territory inside high volume national account stores.
- MERCHANDISING: Maintain signage and pricing to best practice.
- STOCK: Restocking messy bins or displays and resolving bin contamination.
- CULLING: Removing damaged/unsellable material and issuing credit electronically.
- CLEANING: Recovering the proper condition of that aisle since the last service.
- ORDERING: Replenish inventory according to published guidelines.
- CUSTOMER INTERACTION: Build strong and dependable relationships with store management and associates.
- TEAM ASSIST: Cover service calls when regular service representatives are away on vacation and earn extra $$.
- PROJECTS/TASKS: Complete tasks, projects, and resets of Woodgrain products in stores as assigned by the Area Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and your own vehicle.
- This position is very labor intensive and requires the ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- High school level education plus one to three years of relevant or prior experience.
Woodgrain is an EEO employer that maintains a tobacco and drug free work environment.